Looking to start a new business or to expand an existing one? Are you in the process of securing seed capital for a startup or setting up a new partnership? Simply looking to navigate the complex legal environment while running your business? We provide assistance on a wide range of commercial and corporate matters with our corporate law service.
We consult business owners, investors and entrepreneurs on how to start a business in Florida or expand an existing business, the appropriate legal structure and formation documents, the application, renewal and transfer of business permits and licenses, the corporate governance documents including articles of incorporation, bylaws, joint venture agreements, limited partnership agreements, general partnership agreements, operating agreements and shareholder agreements, the change of business ownership, the liquidation and dissolution of a company, and company mergers and acquisitions.
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
Are you buying or selling a U.S. or foreign company? Merging with another company? At Malescu Law we leverage our knowledge and experience to offer legal services pertaining to structuring company mergers, acquisitions and dispositions. We can also assist in negotiating and documenting the transactions.
We specialize in mergers and acquisitions of small to medium-sized businesses, including international acquisitions of US and non-US companies. We use our skill and expertise to assist our clients with legal due diligence and engage financial consultants and accountants to plan and conduct financial due diligence for mergers and acquisitions transactions. We plan the acquisition strategy, execute the term sheet, share purchase agreement, asset purchase agreement, merger and acquisition agreement, and see the deal through post-merger and acquisition.
We consult on cross-border purchase and sales of private companies and assist our clients with the business valuation process.
COMPLEX BUSINESS LITIGATION
Involved in a business dispute? Seeking to defend your interests or the interests of your business? Being threatened with litigation? Has a lawsuit against your business already been filed? We can help our clients achieve the desired outcome by devising clever litigation strategies or creative settlement solutions.
We specialize in complex business litigation in Miami and represent clients in both state and federal courts throughout Florida. We are experienced in international business litigation and alternative dispute resolution, mediation and arbitration, and have vigorously represented clients based outside of the United States in disputes involving U.S. companies and individuals, and U.S. entities and individuals in disputes involving foreign companies conducting business in the United States.
We represent clients in a variety of contract and business claims:
- Breach of Contract, including contracts involving parties from different countries;
- Contract Interpretation, including share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, partnership agreements, non-compete agreements, post-closing of a business sale or merger, and many more.
- Business Torts – Fraud, Tortious Interference with Contract or Prospective Business Relations, Business Disparagement, Defamation, Fraud or Negligent Misrepresentation, Intellectual Property Infringement
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Business Dissolution and Formation
- Business Ownership and Corporate Management Disputes
- Shareholder Derivative Lawsuits Asserting Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims Against Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Partnerships and their Directors, Officers and Managers
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS
Are you an entrepreneur who wishes to expand your business overseas or wishes to bring a foreign business to the US? At Malescu Law, we guide our clients through the complex international legal environment and foreign legal systems.
We specialize in serving business owners, investors and entrepreneurs who wish to expand their business outside of the United States or bring their business, skill and expertise to the United States. We consult on international business transactions, commerce and trade and execute international agreements between two or more international companies and contracts for services, distribution, consulting, brokerage, intellectual property licensing and more.
We assist with a wide array of international business contracts, cross-border transactions, international joint ventures, consortium agreements and international business acquisitions while taking into consideration US law, foreign law and international treaties and agreements.
OUTSIDE GENERAL COUNSEL
Are you constantly in need of legal advice? Need someone to consult right away when encountering business issues with legal implications? Need general advice on contract and compliance issues but cannot afford or need a full-time general counsel? We can serve as your outside general counsel, providing focused, client-centered, and cost-effective solutions.
We offer general legal and business consulting for small and medium-sized businesses, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs. We consult on a wide range of commercial transactions and compliance:
- Business permits and licenses
- Commerce and trade services
- Commercial contracts and strategic transactions
- Corporate governance, board and shareholder resolutions, consents, directors’ meetings, shareholder meetings, and minutes
- Trademark, patent and other intellectual property protection
- Litigation, arbitration and risk management
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and state securities law filings and reporting obligations
A citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Do you want to expand your business in the United States? Do you want to live in the U.S. to develop and direct a business? Are you interested in hiring or retaining a foreign worker for your company? At Malescu Law, we assist you with immigration law including:
- Investor Visas and Green Cards (E-2 Investor Visa, EB-5 Immigrant Investor & L-1 Manager and Executive Visas)
- Employment Visas and Green Cards (O-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa, L-1 Manager and Executive Visa, EB-1 Green Card, EB-2 Green Card and others)
- Family Immigration and Other Visas (Family Green Card, F-1 Student Visa, B-1/B-2 Temporary Business Visitor Visa and others )