As corporate lawyers in Florida, United States, we got asked quite often what one needs for starting a business in Florida. Here is all you need to know about this subject. Of course, if you need professional help from experienced lawyers, you can call us or contact us anytime.
Would you like to start a business in Florida? Here’s what you need to know…
The necessary 7 steps for starting a business in Florida
1. Seek advice from an attorney or accountant
For starting your business in Florida as a U.S. or Non-Citizens, first you need to seek advice from an attorney or accountant to decide on your business formation as a corporation, limited liability company or some other form for tax purposes and other reasons.
2. File with the Florida Department of State to legally create the entity
Go to www.sunbiz.org for more information or contact us for more details.
3. Obtain a federal Employer Identification Number (EIN) for your business
Contact the Internal Revenue Services (IRS). Visit www.irs.gov/businesses/ for more information or contact us for more details.
4. Your new business may be required to collect and remit certain state taxes or fees. Register with the Florida Department of Revenue
Go to www.dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/ for more information or contact us for more details.
5. Check if a Local Business Tax Receipt/Occupational License is required from the county where the company is located
Go to the county’s website where the business is located for more information (example, www.miamidade.gov), or contact us for details.
6. Determine if other county requirements must be met, such as receipt of a certificate of use (zoning) or an environmental permit
Go to the county website for more information or contact us for details.
7. Open a commercial bank account for the business
*Non-U.S. citizens can form a company, subsidiary or branch in the U.S. regardless of their immigration status. Some restrictions apply.
From this moment onward, all you need to have is entrepreneurial skills. Whether you have them or not, know your business, work hard and be successful!
Malescu Law P.A. – Business Lawyers