1. THE PARTIES / EFFECTIVE DATE. This Agreement is made between Malescu Law, PA (“Attorney”) and You (“Client”) and is effective as of the date of signing by Client.
2. LEGAL SERVICES PROVIDED, RESPONSIBILITIES OF ATTORNEY AND CLIENT. The Legal Services to be provided by Attorney to Client are the application for extension of B1/B2 status, including the preparation and filing of Form I-539 and G-28 with USCIS, including supporting evidence and to communicate with USCIS regarding the case. All additional services are at an additional charge. Attorney will perform the Legal Services called for under this Agreement, keep Client informed of progress and developments, and respond promptly to Client’s inquiries and communications. Client will cooperate with Attorney, be available as requested, provide necessary declarations, promptly pay all fees and costs, and keep Attorney informed of client’s whereabouts and current street address, telephone number(s), fax number, and e-mail address at all times. Client understands this is an application process which could result in denial of the Client’s extension of B1/B2 visa status.
3. FEE. The Flat Fee for the Legal Services agreed to by the Attorney and Client is $750.00 USD (the “Flat Fee”) excluding fees for additional co-applicants, costs, and expenses. The fee for each additional co-applicant is $350 (“Co-applicant Fee”). The Flat Fee and Co-applicant Fee are non-refundable. No other services are included in this contract and if any additional services are requested, they will be billed at our regular hourly rate of $400 per hour.
4. COSTS AND EXPENSES. Government fees are in addition to the above stated Flat Fee. The US Government fee is $370 per application plus $85 for each applicant and co-applicant. Any costs associated with the services are to be paid either directly to USCIS via check or credit card authorization form. Any costs associated with the assignment that are paid initially by Malescu Law are to be reimbursed within 3 business days.
5. WORK PRODUCT: The writings, notes, memoranda, reports of conversations, research and confidential materials which we prepare will be maintained in strict confidence and under the provisions of the attorney-client privilege.
6. NO GUARANTEE OF OUTCOME. We cannot guarantee any particular outcome and have not advised or provided you an opinion about the likelihood of success. Moreover, all fees are due regardless of the outcome.
7. TERMINATION: As is appropriate in any professional relationship, You may terminate our engagement at any time upon reasonable notice to us, and we retain the right to terminate this agreement as well. In the event that our representation is terminated, You agree to pay all bills thereafter rendered covering expenses incurred prior to the termination.
8. ENTIRE AGREEMENT / SEVERABILITY. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Florida. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the Parties. No other agreement, statement, or promise made on or before the effective date of this Agreement will be binding on the Parties. If any provision of this Agreement is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction, in whole or in part, to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire Agreement will be severable and remain in effect.
9. FORM OF SIGNATURES. This agreement may be executed by the parties in electronic counterparts.